Thursday, April 05, 2007

Crazy Talk

I saw the ICT Department playing with this the other day so thought I would give it a try.

The software is called Crazy Talk its fairly simple to use!

1. Find a picture of a person

2. Add your voice

3. Crazy talk does the rest

4. It can be saved as a wmv file and imported into Windows Movie Maker to add music and effects.

The full version comes without the logo that you can see with my example, although it is pricey!  However there is a 15 day free trial, and good fun.

I wanted to make one using Sherlock Holmes to introduce how to go about solving a thinking skills mystery because I often find it hard to explain and the students are more likely to listen to him. Maybe a set of clips that can remind the students of how they should go about solving the mystery as they go.

However the logo would be annoying. Instead I have settled for GATM's most famous supporter. Nice accent Shane! Oh and if you ever read this Mr Warne...this is for educational purposes only!